Wednesday, January 4, 2012

featured on theydrawandcook.com


My illustrated Curried Lentil Soup recipe is 1 of 6 recipes in the Featured Collection just posted to TheyDrawandCook.com's homepage jumbotron! It will be up from now until the 7th. Thanks for including me in your collection Salli!

This was an illo I worked on for months. As in, I started it, put it away for months and then finally dug it out and finished it up! Originally the background color was spice orange but then I played around with a few other options and couldn't resist the pop that the pink gave to the green lentils and yellow framework. Looking at it now I really love how the still life of ingredients turned out in the bottom right hand corner!

I hope you enjoy this illo and perhaps try the recipe. It's a great vegetarian recipe for January and one of my faves by Molly Wizenberg of Orangette. I think I'll make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment